For the aAc Summer Exhibition, and Old and New, I thought that I might revert to oils, something I haven’t used for several years. I decided on a theme for the exhibitions and proceeded to work on four seperate canvases. All was going well until I started to move things around, which I do a lot, and adding in details. Smeared paint, paint on heel of hand and shirt cuffs, despite using a support, and shortage of time. I realised I needed to speed up the drying time. So a Google search led me to Liquin.
Having taken delivery yesterday then came the realisation that I had no idea how to actually use it. Being male I don’t RTFM however I did notice that my wife went to YouTube everytime she needed to know how to do something, she has just started doing mosaics. So next step was a search on Google for “liquin YouTube” and voila I had the answer.
Today I have been making adjustments and adding details to my paintings confident that they will be completed, and dry, by the start of the exhibitions.