Thank you for your interest in Adur Art Trail 2018. Adur Art Trail started life around 2000 as part the Adur Festival, which was at that time run by the local council. In 2010 the organisation and funding of the Art Trail was taken over by adurArtcollective, who since then have grown and developed the Trail into a very successful event, which attracts visitors from far and wide. To maintain this quality and growth it was decided that, with effect from 2016, the Trail would be a biennial event.
If you are interested in taking part as an artist, or you would like to offer your home or business as a venue for the Adur Art Trail 2018, please use the Registration Form.
Before you register please read the information below and see the accompanying Open House Guide.
If you are unable to register online please email us at email@example.com
Final closing date for registration is 31st January 2018 but register as soon as possible to ensure good venue/artist matches.
Individual artist fee £40
This entitles the artist to an individual entry in the guide with an image of their work.The artist must be a member of aAc.
This fee will be waived for any individual artist wishing to open as a venue, and offering space to at least four other artists.
Group Venue fee £95
This only applies to already established groups or i.e. clubs, community partners, churches, galleries. At least one of the exhibiting artists must be a member of aAc.
This fee entitles the group to one titled entry and image in the guide, not individual named artists.
The fees can be paid between submission of registration form and 31st January, either by bank transfer or cheque. Details below:
Cheque: payable to Adur Art Collective and sent to:
adurArtcollective,c/o 21 High Street, Shoreham by Sea BN43 5DD
Bank Transfer: Adur Art Collective a/c. 27069877 sort code. 60-19-17
A – You can register as either an artist needing a venue.
B – An artist with a venue.
C – An artist/venue with space for other artists.
D – An established group or community partner.
• Artists and venues need to be able to commit to full participation in the 3 weekends of Adur Art Trail. Some joint exhibitions will be open during the week days also.
• Opening days and times for private venues will be:
June 2nd/3rd: June 9th/10th and June 16th/17th between 11am and 5pm.
• All venues will expect participating artists to take a share in stewarding the exhibitions – exact timings and commitment negotiated by venues.
• Venues will charge 15% commission to guest artists.
• Insurance of exhibits is the responsibility of the artist
• Insurance of venues is the responsibility of the venue owner. More information is available in the Open House guide.
• Artists and Groups will need to upload one good image representative of their work for use in the guide. We will also be looking out for an eye catching and appropriate cover image.
• It is important that these comply with the specifications required and are sent on time please. Late entries will not be included.
• When the initial guide proof is ready each participating artist/group/venue will be asked to proof read their specific entry.
• We are looking for new and interesting ideas, venues and locations, workshops, demos, walks and talks so please tell us anything you can do to add interest, think outside the box.
• Traditionally Art Trail artists have been encouraged to submit one piece of work to a themed exhibition organised by St Mary de Haura church which acts as an excellent showcase to attract visitors to your venue. The theme this year will be ‘Journeys’. Further details will be available in the new year.
Publicity and Distribution of guides
The success of the Art Trail and each individual venue depends on the number of visitors we attract to this event. Everyone needs to take responsibility by helping to publicise it generally and by promoting their own venue in as many ways as possible.
25000 Art Trail guides will be published by the beginning of May. and they will need to be distributed far and wide – that distribution depends upon everyone being involved so please be prepared to do your bit!
Saturday 16th December
Seasonal Social. Opportunity for artists needing venues to meet up with venues offering spaces with music and refreshments
Mid Jan (date to be confirmed )
Art Trail meeting – artists & venues
Wednesday 31st January
Final date for submission of registration forms, payment and images
Guide launch, collection and distribution.
Banners, posters set up around area
Sun 27th May
Collection of publicity bunting and banners for venues.
Fri 1st June
Art Trail launch party
Saturday 2nd June – Sunday 17th June
Adur Art Trail 2018
Saturday 23rd June
Return of publicity materials
Registration is now online here…