Mixed media and textured art
I use mixed media, acrylic and Powertex medium with natural materials to create textured art. The local coastline, in particular the West Pier structures and seasonal beach skies inspire my paintings and textures. The energy of the coastal weather has featured a lot in my work this last year.
Powertex Universal Medium was originally developed as a fabric hardener for sculpture. It has strong adhesive properties for use in mixed media art and I use it combined with other mediums for texture effects. I trained as a tutor in Powertex products in 2014 and use them combined with rust, wood, sand and textiles to create unique structured art.
Please contact me if you would like to know more about any of these paintings.
Latest available paintings:
- The Wave 24" x 30" deep canvas, unframed £180 (discounted price)
- South by Southwest 12" x 12" mixed media on board, unframed £100
- Winds of Change 12" x 12" mixed media on board, unframed £100
- Turning the Tide 12" x 12" mixed media on board, unframed £100
- Small work on paper, 4" x 4" with white matt to 6" x 6", and backing board £35
- Brave 24" x 20" £160
- Exit Strategy pair of Powertex mixed media paintings, 6" x 12" x2 £140
Powertex art on paper, currently available with white mat and unframed:
- Then it rained SOLD
- In a haze 25cm x 25cm with mat to 30cm x 30cm
- All in a flurry 25cm x 25cm with mat to 30cm x 30cm
- By the water SOLD